A group of islands located on the southern part of the Lakshadweep Islands of India and about 700 km southwest of Sri Lanka, is known as the Maldives. It is the land of white sandy beaches and crystal clear water. The abundant aquatic life and the beautiful coral reefs of the Maldives make it an obvious choice for divers. The Maldives can be precisely called a collection of coral islands that are located in the Indian Ocean.
The weather is generally humid, warm and sunny all year round. This makes it suitable for diving and so thousands of divers come here to practice the sport. It also quickly wins the appeal of surfers around the world.
Maldives International Airport and other airports on the island are the source of connectivity with other parts of the world. After reaching the airport, travelers must rent a seaplane or speedboat or the locally used Dhoni to reach their desired location. Other modes of transport used to get from place to place may be assisted by motorcycles, taxis or a 10-minute walk. To jump from one island to another, a traveler must use the island ferry.
The tourist sights of the Maldives are indescribable. Whale and dolphin watching is a source of relaxation and stress when you are in the Maldives. More than twenty species of whales and dolphins can be seen here. Many resorts offer exclusive trips for such an adventure. Tourists can enjoy various types of water sports such as parasailing and surfing.
The Maldives are like a series of beautiful coral islands, located in the Indian Ocean. It is an ideal place for lovers of water sports and for people who find it irresistible to enjoy the sun. There are many tourist spots near the Maldives that have attracted visitors to the island. Several islands have huge lagoons that help them as an extra attraction for these places.
· Places to visit in the Maldives are some famous mosques such as the Great Friday Mosque, the largest on the island; the Hukuru Miskiiy, the oldest on the island and the Mulee Aage Palace.
· The National Museum of the Maldives in Sultan Park is a very old palace that was later converted into a museum, famous among the tourist spots in the Maldives.
· The fish market in the Maldives is another tourist attraction. Travelers can easily take a look at the different fishery products or usually experience the fishing itself at night with a starry sky above.
· It is essential to make a trip to the beaches of the Maldives, which are considered to be one of the hottest beaches in the world. The places around the Maldives and the beaches offer travelers the opportunity to enjoy picturesque exotic and beautiful beauties.
· There are quite a few artificial waterfalls near the Maldives. The Sheraton Full Moon waterfall in the Maldives is the largest of them all.
There are many good restaurants in the Maldives that offer delicious food to travelers. The kitchens include continental, Thai, Indian and regional dishes.