CTET is one of the best examinations for the candidates who aim to become a teacher. Candidates who have been preparing for this exam finally got the final call. The CTET exam date have been announced, which are between 16th to 13th January 2022. This year, CBSE will be conducting the 15th edition of the exam. Although the dates are tentative, it is important to understand that the final dates would be around that time
Due to the pandemic situation, CBSE finally decided to switch the exam from offline to online sot that the students can sit for the examination without compromising their health and safety.
What is CTET?
CTET is an eligibility test held on the national level every year. This exam is conducted by the CBSE in June and December and it aims to determine the eligibility criteria of the candidates.
Candidates have the freedom to choose the papers. There are two papers allotted for the exam. The first one is for those who aspire to be a teacher for the primary classes, and the second paper is for classes VI, VII, and VIII. If the candidate wants to join for both sections, he/she has to pass both criteria.
Important dates to remember for the December Session
This table will provide you with important information about the crucial exam dates. Candidates should be aware of the following dates:
|Important events||Dates to remember|
|CTET 2021 notification released||20th Sep 2021|
|Starting date of CTET online application||20th Sep 2021|
|Last date of the online application of CTET||19th Oct 2021|
|Last Date of submission of exam fees||20th Oct till 3.30 PM|
|Online correction form||Will be released soon|
|Verification of payment fees||April 2021|
|CTET online correction||April 2021|
|Admit card download||10 days before the exam|
|Exam date of CTET||16th Dec of 2021 to 13th Jan of 2022|
|CTET Result Date||Will be notified|
CTET 2021 Time Schedule
For the candidates of CTET 2021, it is crucial to remember important dates. Before you apply for the exam, you are requested to be aware of the following dates. The latest exam date is going to be announced soon.
|Important Events||Paper I||Paper-II|
|Entry time of examination center||8.00 AM||12.30 PM|
|Checking of Admit card details||9.00 AM to 9.15 AM||1.30 PM to 1.45 PM|
|Release of test booklets||9.15 AM||1.45 PM|
|Test Booklets and Answer sheet||9.25 AM||1.55 PM|
|Last Entry of Examination center||9.30 AM||2.00 PM|
|Test begins at||9.30 AM||2.00 PM|
|Test Concludes||12.00 Noon||4.30 PM|
Exam pattern of CTET 2021
The exam is divided into two papers. The first paper is for the primary stage, and the Second Paper is for the Elementary Stage. Here is the exam pattern that you must follow.
- The first paper is for those who wish to teach from the first standard to the fifth standard
- The second paper is for those who want to teach from the sixth standard to standard
According to the current guidelines, students have to face conceptual questions. You will get one mark for one correct answer and there is no hassle of negative marking. Listed below are the key pointers that you must consider regarding the exam.
|Mode of Exam||Offline (OMR Sheet Based)||Offline (OMR Sheet Based)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Duration of Exam||2.5 hours (150 minutes)||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|Sections||Child development and Pedagogy
Language I (compulsory)
Language II (compulsory)
|Child development and Pedagogy
Language I (compulsory)
Language II (compulsory)
Mathematics and Science or Social Studies
|Total marks||150 marks||150 marks|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for correct response||1 mark for correct response|
Syllabus of CTET 2021
Candidates can also appear for both the papers allotted for the exam. Take a look at the syllabus and key elements for the exam:
- Paper, I of CTET consists of Child Development. There is also a section named Pedagogy.
- The section Pedagogy comprises of educational psychology and teaching children of 6 to 11.
- The next section is comprised of comprehension, language development.
- Paper-II has five sections. It is Child development for the students of 11 to 14 years.
- There are other sections like language, Mathematics, Science, geography, economics, political science, and history.
- The last section of Paper-II consists of the second language, comprehension, and language development.
Before choosing the books, the candidates should be aware of the exam pattern as well.
- 15 questions from the child development section
- Sections from language will test the grammatical skills of the candidates
- The syllabus of NCERT books will help you to revise the section on Mathematics
- Negative marking is not there, and every question has one mark count.
- Questions based on the environmental study are completely general and basic. NCRT books will help the candidates to get acquainted with the syllabus.
Who decides the CTET exam date?
CBSE board is the primary head who conducts this examination every year and decides about the final date of the examination.
The best publishers recommended for Paper I and II are Pearson Education, Arihant, and NCRT books. Candidates should practice previous years’ questions. Even though there is a certain modification, it will help the candidate get an idea of the competitive nature of the exam.